We had wine sorbet for the very first time in Napa during our 1 year anniversary (a month ago) and it was totally delicious! As soon as we got home, I started researching different sorbet recipes to make an identical batch (*wink*).
I found a recipe that sort of worked after I modified it a bit. For starters, the original recipe asked for a full bottle of wine (750 ml) and I felt that was too much – you don’t want the wine to overpower the sorbet. So, I used 2.5 cups of wine (600 ml) instead of a full bottle. It also asked for raspberries (only) but I remember the original flavor (will never forget it, haha) from the one we tasted in Napa – it was a definitely a mixture of different berries for sure!
Here’s the quick and easy recipe – made in 10 minutes! The freezing and setting of the sorbet is what takes longer – be patient my fellow wine friends because it is totally worth it!
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 2.5 cups (600 ml) of fruity red wine, such as Merlot, Zinfandel, Beaujolais, or a red blend
- 3 cups (15 ounces/400 g) frozen mixed berries
Prep & Cooking
- In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, water, and red wine to a boil
- Let the mixture boil for 1 minute, stirring to dissolve the sugar
- Remove from the heat and add the frozen mixed berries
- Cover and let steep for 1 hour
- Purée the berries to remove the seeds by using a rubber spatula, pressing the mixture through a mesh strainer set over a medium bowl
- Cover and put into freezer until thoroughly chilled
Give it a try and definitely comment below to let me know how your batch turned out OR if you have any questions OR if you’ve added your own twist (*heart eyes*), do share!
#wine #blog #blogs #blogger #bloggers #dessert #lactosefree #red #delicious #fancy #pergolaia #vino #winesorbet #sorbet #quickdessert #ice #sugar #berries #alcohol #under100calories #nomnom #redwine #redblends #blendedwine #napa #sweet #treat